Friday, May 27, 2011

One for the ages

Haven't been on here in a while (for various reasons - but as of late, having four gaping holes in my mouth where my teeth used to be has been rather compelling) and I want to make it up to y'all by throwing down a monster post right now.

Starting off this post on a funny note, I recently discovered the music video for the original version of Party Rock Anthem, by LMFAO. Hopefully this news isn't too old for you guys, 'cause I thought this was a hilarious video. Its a great showcase of the quirky, offbeat sense of humor that LMFAO brings to all of their songs, especially oldies like Yes, I Am Not a Whore, etc. So sit back, enjoy, and don't miss the gold robot dude just absolutely crush the frolic at 5:32. Unreal.





Next I have an excellent remix of the Deadmau5 song Raise Your Weapon by Madeon, shown to me by my friend and fellow DU brother, AR from Lehigh.


Deadmau5- Raise Your Weapon (Madeon Extended Remix) by WEST LA CNCT

Moving on, here is an awesome song by two people I've never heard of, Marcus Maison and Will Dragen. Digital Freedom is the name and unfortunately I can't remember where I got it, but let's credit Dancing Astronaut because I feel like I get all of my music from there anyway.

Marcus Maison & Will Dragen - Digital Freedom (Radio Edit) by Marcus Maison


Another one from Dancing Astronaut, this is a remix of Cee-Lo Green's latest single, "Bright Lights, Bigger City". This is a really catchy and dance-able remix with a great upbeat melody. Great way to start off the night with some recognizable star power and catchy beats.

Cee Lo Green - Bright Lights, Big City (The Shapeshifters 'Heavy Disco' Mix - SoundCloud Edit) by TheShapeshifters

I can't believe this hasn't gotten posted yet, actually. Here is Avicii's (relatively) new song, Levels (formerly known as "ID"). Not much else needs to be said, just sit back and enjoy.

Avicii - Levels by nashdelag


Finally we've got two insane new tracks from the dubstep virtuoso himself, Skrillex. Apparently his hard drives got stolen while he was on tour and now a whole bunch of his remixes and originals have been leaked. Luckily for us (and him, I guess), they're all incredible songs, so hey, any press is good press, right? First up is a song Reptile, if any of you watch TV you may have heard this song as the background music on the commercials for the new Mortal Kombat game, and personally I think it's awesome that Skrillex has gotten so big so fast that he's already being asked to be featured in games and on TV. This is my favorite of these two songs, potentially my favorite skrillex song ever. Unfortunately it runs at 110 BPM (not even Dubstep tempo, but Moombahton tempo... weird) so it's tough to mix into a set but damnit, that won't stop me from trying to drop this filthy song.

Next is Disco Rangers which is a solid, upbeat dance song at 128 BPM in the style of his Seventeen Remix, Slats Slats Slats, and others. Definitely going to work this guy into my set.

Skrillex - Reptile (Original Mix) *Download in Discription by PUNPZ MUSIC


Skrillex - Disco Rangers (Original Mix) by PUNPZ MUSIC

No comments:

Post a Comment